This guide is for:
- common bicycle repairs that need more than an allen key, an adjustable spanner, and a bit of common sense to figure out.
- people who are basically 'handy', but do not know about bike components or bike tools.
- everyday cycling, not racing, extreme environments or restoration.
The top 10 fixes
Bike Fixer is a co-op of bikers and web designers.
|"mc" grew up car-free in the countryside, and had to ride a bike from an early age – absolute magic! In later life, he survived London traffic and l’Etape du Tour.
The books below are tremendously helpful, but there is a lot of material to get through.
- Ballantine, R. and Grant, R. 1994, Richards Bicycle Repair Manual. Dorling Kindersley
- Downs, T. 2005, Bicycle Maintenance & Repair
- Haynes 2007, The Bike Book - Complete Cycle Maintenance
- Park 2008, BBB-2 Big Blue Book of Bike Repair, Park Tools
- Van der Plas, R., 2007, Bicycle Repair. Repair and Maintenance of the Modern Bicycle
Top10bikefixes is going for gold with Velo Club de Trabail - “Chapeau” to past, present and future members.
If they knew how to fix their bikes, they would not keep the rest of the team waiting around!